Today on That Sex Chick:
- Challenging claims of sex addiction
- Issues with sex addiction “treatment”
- Being religious is a risk factor for developing a sexual disorder
- The power of self-acceptance & compassion
- Making sexuality a healthy part of your life
Dr. David Ley is a therapist and psychologist here to de-shame, debunk, and shed light on the idea of sex as an addiction. He unpacks the impact growing up religious or with morally conservative beliefs has on people identifying as sex addicts, discussing why it’s crucial we make sexuality a healthy part of life. David and Alexa break down how after 40 years, the sex addiction model of treatment still has no positive impact, and how leaning into self-compassion and acceptance are actual solutions to sexual disorders.
This show is sponsored by:
- Everyday Dose | Go to everydaydose.com and use the code THATSEXCHICK for 65% off your first order!
- Cured Nutrition | Visit https://bit.ly/3oshTK1 to check out CBD for your pets and use the code THATSEXCHICK for 10% off!
Connect with Dr. David Ley:
- Twitter: @drdavidley
Connect with Alexa:
- Instagram: @thatsexchick
- Website: thatsexchick.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Free resources: thatsexchick.com/resources
- Facebook Group: Sex & Love Co. Community
Click here to submit your review for That Sex Chick, and you’ll get access to “Uncover Your Inner Kink,” a guided meditation and more, created by Alexa!
This show is produced by Soulfire Productions